What Is This Madness?
This course is a deep study of the playing styles of Javier Reyes. It covers a range of fingerpicking and thumping concepts designed to build technique and dexterity both for your thumb and your other fingers. The course is broken down into two sections - there'll be fingerpicking and thumping exercises, all woven into a variety of scale patterns that are a little more interesting to practice, as opposed to more traditional/monotonous sequences.
Finally, there is a series of performances of tracks by both Mestis and Animals As Leaders, which combine all the techniques and concepts covered in the course. Each song performance is covered from multiple angles and is meticulously transcribed.
- Developing Thumb Downstrokes & String-Skipping
- Developing Alternate Picking with the Thumb
- Economy Picking with the Thumb
- Sweep Picking with the Thumb
- Fingerpicking Dexterity Exercises
- Fingerpicking Etudes
- Hammer-On From Nowhere + Thump + Multiple Open Strings
- Thumping 3, 4, and 5 Notes on the Same String
Plus close-up performances of four Mestis & Animals As Leaders songs:
- Mt. Pleasant
- Cognitive Contortions
- Para Mexer